I had the day off yesterday so that I could run around and do various and sundry things. When I got back to the house about 3:30 there had been a full day's worth of driving rain, resulting in this:
That's the back third of my property covered in water. Here's a closeup of the stream overflowing into the yard.
The worst was the bridge to the road. I was a little concerned as to whether there would be a bridge to get back out to the road this morning.
Thankfully, you give my landlord and his sons some rails from an abandoned railroad track and
they can build one heckuva bridge. Anyway, by this morning everything was back to normal.
(Yes, I know this has nothing to do with anything crimlaw related, but I was more worried about whether I was going to get flooded out yesterday than thinking up a criminal law post.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular entries
-
With the price of gas in the modern day, I've looked around at scooters/mopeds a little bit. An interesting thing out there is the 3 whe...
-
This month's edition of The National magazine ( National (English) - October/November 2010 ) has a significant multi-page article on pri...
-
Following in the footsteps of British Columbia and Alberta, bar owners in Halifax are talking about rolling out a "Bar Watch" prog...
-
In the "Street View" lawsuit with the Borings (see: Boring lawsuit over Google's "Street View" ), Google has filed a...
-
An interesting part of Michigan v. Bryant is the hostility which bleeds through the decision to the decoupling of the hearsay exceptions fr...
-
Every time I get on Facebook it tries to set me up with someone. Now, not to be too cynical about things, but girls who looked like that wer...
-
A long-time friend of this blog just recently sent me a link to a new decision from the British Columbia Supreme Court ( R. v. Pickton , 201...
-
June 16, 2004 In this newsletter: HAWAII EXTENDS ACT 221 Hawaii has some very impressive and generous tax incentives. Considering all the pu...
-
At random intervals over the last week or so, I've been checking to see what people are searching for to bring them to CrimLaw. On six o...
-
Yesterday's Wall Street Journal had an interesting Op/Ed on privacy, highlighting contemporary expectations of privacy. Information Age ...