DefenseAttorney looks around my office at the Saint Ives plaque (patron saint of lawyers), certificate for working security on a JPII visit and statue of Michael defeating Satan. Then he turns to me and says, "You're Catholic. That explains why you're so tough about the law."
At the time my reply was, "Well, it's worked for over 2,000 years."
After DefenseAttorney left, I started thinking. If I'm tough because I'm Catholic, just imagine what what I'd be like if I was a Jewish prosecutor. With 2,000 years of a faith behind my religion I'm tough; with 4,000+ years behind me I might be a force of nature.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular entries
-
With the price of gas in the modern day, I've looked around at scooters/mopeds a little bit. An interesting thing out there is the 3 whe...
-
An interesting part of Michigan v. Bryant is the hostility which bleeds through the decision to the decoupling of the hearsay exceptions fr...
-
June 16, 2004 In this newsletter: HAWAII EXTENDS ACT 221 Hawaii has some very impressive and generous tax incentives. Considering all the pu...
-
Every time I get on Facebook it tries to set me up with someone. Now, not to be too cynical about things, but girls who looked like that wer...
-
This month's edition of The National magazine ( National (English) - October/November 2010 ) has a significant multi-page article on pri...
-
In the "Street View" lawsuit with the Borings (see: Boring lawsuit over Google's "Street View" ), Google has filed a...
-
There's been a bit of a buzz lately about laptop inspections by the Department of Homeland Security ( Crossing the border? Consider the ...
-
Apparently both the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and Facebook intend to hold separate press conferences tomorrow to discuss the outcome of...